• 1-888-476-8737

This site uses a level of encryption that ensures all the information you submit remains confidential.

Copyright © 1998-2017 The Personal Insurance Company. All rights reserved.

Frequently Asked Questions on Property Insurance

Who's Responsible For Water Damage In My Apartment ?

You’re legally responsible for the damage if, for example:

  • Your washing machine overflows
  • You forget to turn off a tap and water overflows into the unit below

That’s why home insurance is a must for all tenants. It provides liability insurance for damages that you cause to someone or something in your building, or to the building itself.

Without this coverage, you’ll have to pay for the damages in full.

To better understand what your tenants insurance covers, read Home Insurance Responsibilities for Renters and Owners.

Get a Quote

Secured by Entrust