Tips to Save on Home and Auto Insurance Premiums
While there are some insurance myths surrounding this topic, here are some ways you can save on your auto and property insurance premiums.
Whether you have had car insurance for years or are shopping for your very first insurance policy, here are some helpful tips that will help you reduce your premium.
- Drive carefully. The less convictions you get or the fewer the claims you make, the better your premium will be. We reward good drivers. A good driving record will be reflected in your auto insurance premium.
- Choose a car with lower insurance rates. Generally speaking, the older the car, the cheaper the rate. Get an auto insurance quote and compare the price for different vehicles.
- Choose a car with lower repair costs. It’s cheaper to repair an economy-class vehicle than a luxury or high-end car.
- Install a certified, anti-theft system. If you do, we offer a premium reduction, regardless of how old your vehicle is. Contact us to find out which types of anti-theft systems we accept.
- Get your auto and home insurance with us and you could qualify for a premium reduction.
- Increase your Collision or Comprehensive deductibles. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium. But make sure you can pay that deductible in case of an accident. Remember, your deductible is the amount you agree to pay in the event of a claim.
- If your car is older, consider removing collision and comprehensive coverage.
Property insurance is typically cheaper than auto insurance, whether you own a house or rent an apartment. Here are a few tips to help you save on your home insurance.
- Install an alarm system that’s connected to a central monitoring station.
- Maintain a clean claims record. As with auto insurance, no claims can lead to a better premium.
- Insure both your home and auto with us and you could qualify for a premium reduction.
- Make sure no one in your household smokes. Having a smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire damaging your property.
Get a Home Insurance Quote
Complete an online home insurance quote. It’s quick, easy and commitment-free. To save time, make sure to have some important information handy. You can also request a quote over the phone simply by contacting us.