Call us: 1-888-476-8737
Frequently Asked Questions on Payment Options
How long does it take to process my online payment?
Processing times vary from one financial institution to another. It can take some financial institutions up to five business days to process your payment through their system. Make your payment in plenty of time to meet your payment due date. Please ensure you use your policy number as your account/reference number.
How do I change my bank account or credit card number?
Two ways to tell us your account or card number has changed:
- Log onto your online insurance file, and then click Billing to show payment information for your insurance policies.
- Then select Modify my pre-authorized withdrawals or Pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) to complete the form and make the changes.
- Speak to one of our agents at 1-888-277-6481. Our offices are open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To change your payment options or to cancel your authorization, please notify us at least 5 days before the next scheduled withdrawal.
Who can change the payment method?
Only the bank account holder or the credit card holder can change the payment method. This person must also be named on the policy as an insured or other than insured.
In other situations, please call 1-888-277-6481 to speak to one of our P&C insurance agents. Our offices are open from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
How can I get a tax receipt?
You can use your invoice, credit card notice or pre-authorized payment agreement provided with your insurance documents as an official receipt for income tax purposes.
You can ask for an income tax receipt for a particular vehicle or location based on your insurance policy's reference year or policy term. We cannot provide documents adjusted for the period from January 1 to December 31.
Two ways to make a request:
- Online by selecting contact us by email. Specify the vehicle or the location and the reference year*
- By phone at 1-888-277-6481. Tell us the vehicle or location and the reference year*
* The reference year refers to the year indicated on your insurance policy. Please allow 10 days for us to process your request. You can ask to receive your tax receipt by mail, email or fax.
How do I pay my insurance premium online?
On your financial institution’s website
- Go to your financial institution's website and add The Personal Insurance Company to your bill payments. Your 8-digit insurance policy number is the reference number.
If you want to pay more than one insurance policy, you can either change the reference number or add a separate bill payment. Allow 3 to 7 days for us to receive the payment.
Discover our Online Services!
- Log onto your online insurance file, and then click Billing to show payment information for your insurance policies
- Then select Modify my pre-authorized withdrawals or Pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) to complete the form and make the changes