2021 Contest Rules and Regulations
Get moving with the Université de Sherbrooke!
This contest is held and organized by The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other Canadian provinces and territories (jointly referred to hereafter as “The Personal”). The contest opens on August 23, 2021, and closes on November 21, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This contest is open exclusively to members of the Université de Sherbrooke community.
One (1) gift card of CAN$1,000 redeemable in-store or online at Sports Experts or Atmosphère in Canada.
To be eligible for the contest, an entrant must:
- be a Quebec resident;
- have attained the age of majority by the draw date;
- be a member of the Université de Sherbrooke community (student, graduate, or current or retired employee);
- have obtained a home, auto or business insurance quote from The Personal by calling 1-888-476-8737 or online at lapersonnelle.com/bougez between August 23, 2021, and November 21, 2021, OR hold a home, auto or business insurance policy with The Personal in effect on the contest closing date.
No purchase required. One chance of winning per person.
The Personal, its employees, representatives or agents, or those of any other entity that is part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. or one of its subsidiaries, as well as those with whom they are domiciled, may not participate in the contest.
Details of the Draw
- The winner shall be drawn randomly on November 22, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) from among all eligible entries received.
- The odds of winning depends on the number of entries received.
- To claim his or her prize, the winner must meet the eligibility criteria mentioned herein and must:
- have been reached by telephone in the five (5) business days following the date of the draw;
- have correctly answered a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question asked in person or over the telephone;
- accept the prize as offered;
- consent to having his or her name, place of residence, photograph and voice recording used in any contest-related advertising without any compensation whatsoever; and
- sign a declaration and release of liability form if so requested by The Personal.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify these contest rules and conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice, though the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec is required to do so.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest or cancel any entry that does not conform with the contest rules and regulations.
- The winner acknowledges that upon accepting the gift card redeemable at Sports Experts and Atmosphère stores in Canada, it is Sports Experts and Atmosphère that become solely and exclusively responsible for discharging all obligations related to said gift card, and the winner shall release The Personal from all liability for any harm resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize. The Personal assumes no liability whatsoever should one or both companies be unable to discharge their contest obligations (e.g.: bankruptcy).
- Sports Experts and Atmosphère are not associated with this contest and do not sponsor it in any way. The Personal does not carry out any promotional activity for either Sports Experts or Atmosphère.
- The Personal shall not compensate the winner for any portion of the prize that remains unused, regardless of the reason.
- Should the organizers be unable to award the prize described herein, they reserve the right to substitute their choice of another prize of the same type and of equivalent value or, at their discretion, the monetary value of said prize.
- All decisions by The Personal regarding this contest are final and binding, except for those made by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on matters under its jurisdiction.
- Any litigation pertaining to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation pertaining to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Personal shall not be liable for any lost, misdirected or late entries; for any defect impeding access to or compromising the operation of its website; or for the failure of any component of a telecommunication system or network during this contest. Moreover, The Personal shall not be liable for any damage to an entrant’s computer or other information system used to enter this contest.
- The entrant shall release The Personal from all liability for any damage that could result from entering said contest, as shall the contest winner for any damage resulting from acceptance or use of the prize.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- A French version of these rules is available online at lapersonnelle.com/bougez/concours-reglements. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, the French version will prevail.