We respect and protect your privacy
At The Personal Insurance Company (hereinafter “The Personal”), an important part of our commitment to provide you with service excellence is our respect for your privacy.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose of providing general insurance products and services. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose necessary personal information for communicating with you and third parties in order to:
- assess your application for insurance;
- underwrite and service your insurance policy;
- process claims involving you;
- prevent, detect and prosecute fraud;
- analyze business results;
- promote our insurance products and services;
- act as required or authorized by law.
Under no circumstances is your personal information sold or inappropriately disclosed to third parties.
You have given your consent in order for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information, except as otherwise required or permitted by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time, with reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual obligations which we must fulfill. Withdrawal of consent may prevent us from providing you with the requested insurance products or services.
You have the right to access and correct The Personal information we have on file about you. To get access to your personal information or to obtain a copy of our Privacy Code, click below or contact Customer Relations Centre:
- By mail:
- Customer Relations Centre
- The Personal Insurance Company
- P.O. Box 7065, Station A
- Mississauga (Ontario) L5A 4K7
- By phone: 1-888-277-6481