“Win & Share!”
The contest is held and organized by The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories of Canada (“The Personal”). The contest runs from January 1 to November 7, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (eastern time), the contest closing date and time.
The contest is open exclusively to individuals who meet the entry requirements below and who are eligible for the property and casualty insurance plan (underwritten by The Personal) offered to employees and retirees of Bell.
Eligibility and draws
- No purchase is required.
To enter the contest, entrants must:
- Be a resident of Canada;
- Have attained age of majority in their province or territory of residence on the date of the draw;
- Be an employee or retiree of Bell on the date of the draw;
- Have obtained a quote for home or auto insurance that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal, between January 1, 2021 and the day before one (1) of the two (2) draws OR hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal on the day before one (1) of the two (2) draws.
- Two (2) winners will be selected by electronic draw from among all the eligible entrants, as described in section 2 herein. The first winner will be selected by the first electronic draw on May 31, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. (eastern time). The second winner will be selected by the second electronic draw on November 8, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. (eastern time). In both cases, the electronic draws will be carried out by an authorized The Personal employee, at the head office of The Personal, located at 6300 boulevard Guillaume-Couture, Lévis, Quebec, G6V 6P9.
- There is a total of CAN$6,000 in prizes to be won. The prizes will be awarded through two (2) electronic draws as mentioned above.
- Winners must meet all the conditions set out herein and be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw.
- To obtain the prize, the winner must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question posed over the phone. The winner will then receive a letter confirming the awarding of the prize within five (5) days of the telephone call. The prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be transferred to any other person, or to the winner’s successor or heir.
- Each winner must sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) sent to them by mail with the prize confirmation letter and return it to The Personal within five (5) days of receipt. Within five (5) days of receiving the winner’s signed Declaration Form, The Personal shall send a letter to the winner to inform them of how to receive or claim the prize. The prize will be sent to the winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date of the draw.
Each winner must choose a charitable organization, which The Personal
reserves the right to approve, from among those working in one of the
sectors below or in any other designated by The Personal:
- education (education centres, foundations)
- health (hospital centres, establishments in the health and social service network, foundations)
- the environment and sustainable development (foundations)
- The Personal shall itself remit the donation to the charitable organization chosen by each winner.
- Should the charitable organization chosen by a winner fail to respect the conditions set out in these contest rules and regulations or should The Personal reject the charitable organization chosen, then said winner shall have an additional five (5) days to choose another charitable organization for approval by The Personal. Should said second choice be rejected by The Personal, then The Personal reserves the right to supplant the winner in choosing the charitable organization to receive a donation equivalent to the amount won by the winner.
- If a winner refuses the prize, or does not comply with any of the above conditions [for example, the winner could not be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw] or any other conditions herein, they will be disqualified. At its discretion, The Personal may hold another draw to award the disqualified person’s prize to another eligible entrant, in accordance with the rules herein. The new draw will proceed in the same manner as described in these rules, with the exception of the date, which cannot be the same. Depending on the circumstances, The Personal also reserves the right to cancel the prize.
- The contest entrant, who is eligible in accordance with the above, is considered to be the person whose name appears as the person who obtained the insurance quote or as the insurance policyholder. If multiple individuals jointly obtained an insurance quote or if an insurance policy is held jointly, only one entry will be eligible for the draw. In addition, the first individual who is reached must answer the above-mentioned mathematical skill-testing question. The prize will then be awarded to this person on behalf of the other individuals.
- Any decision by The Personal regarding the contest is final and binding, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest or cancel any entry that does not comply with the contest rules.
- The Personal cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout or other labour dispute occurring in the establishments, organizations or companies whose services are used for contest operation.
- The Personal cannot be held liable for lost, misdirected, or late entries, or for any failure, for any reason whatsoever, that may affect the availability or operation of the website or any telecommunications systems and networks for the duration of this contest. Furthermore, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to a computer or information system an entrant used to enter this contest. The Personal also disclaims all responsibility in the event of a mailing issue (for example, if a document mailed to The Personal is lost, late or stolen).
- By entering this contest, the winners agree, upon receipt of the prize, to indemnify The Personal for any damage that may result from entering the contest or accepting and using the prize, should the individual be declared the winner.
- The Personal shall not be held liable for any lost or stolen prize.
- Winners must consent to the use of their name, place of residence, photograph, voice recording and likeness in any contest-related advertising, without compensation.
- In Québec, any dispute regarding the organization or operation of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of reaching a settlement.
- Bell is not associated with this contest and does not sponsor it in any way.
- All insurance quotes remain the property of The Personal.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- A French version of these rules is available online at www.thepersonal.com/concoursbell. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, the French version will prevail.
No entry form required: eligible entrants will be automatically entered in the contest. Limit of one (1) entry per insurance product type (home and/or auto insurance), and up to two (2) entries per person. The odds of winning depend on the number of quotes requested and the number of Bell authorized patrons in the databases of The Personal that have an in-force home or auto insurance policy during the period applicable to each draw. Even though two (2) draws are held, an entrant cannot win the contest more than once.
Auto insurance is not available in MB, SK and BC due to government-run plans.
The Personal, its employees, representatives or agents or those of any other entity that is part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, as well as anyone residing with any of these employees, representatives or agents, are not eligible to enter the contest.
For each draw:
One (1) CAN$1,500 prize shall be awarded to the winner in the form of a cheque. The Personal shall also award an identical amount (CAN$1,500 in the form of a cheque) to a charitable organization chosen by the winner in accordance to the conditions set out herein. Neither prize is exchangeable or redeemable.
The charitable organization must be a recognized charity or non-profit organization and have a charter to this effect. Corporations, private foundations and individuals may not be chosen as a prize recipient within the scope of this contest.
Each winner shall note his or her choice of charitable organization in writing in the space designated on the Declaration Form within five (5) days of receiving said Form. The choice of charitable organization may not be modified thereafter. Only one such organization may be chosen by each winner. Should several persons jointly hold an insurance policy or receive a joint insurance quote, then said persons shall collectively choose a single charitable organization. The eligibility criteria of said charitable organization for receiving a prize are the same as for a charitable organization chosen by a single person.