“The Personal, Getting your plans into motion!” contest
The contest is held and organized by The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories of Canada (“The Personal”). The contest runs from April 1 to December 11, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time), the contest closing date and time.
The contest is open exclusively to individuals who meet the entry requirements below and who are eligible for the property and casualty insurance plan (underwritten by The Personal) offered to employees and retirees of Bell.
There is a total of CAN $6,000 in prizes to be won. The prizes will be awarded through three (3) draws as mentioned above.
For each draw:
One (1) gift card of CAN $2,000 from a provider chosen by The Personal will be awarded to the winner. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Eligibility and draws
- No purchase is required.
- To enter the contest, entrants must:
- Be a resident of Canada;
- Be at least 18 years old on the date of each draw;
- Be an employee or retiree of Bell on the date of each draw;
- Have obtained a quote for home or auto1 insurance that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal, between April 1, 2022 and the day before one (1) of the three (3) draws OR hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal on the day before one (1) of the three (3) draws.
No entry form required: Eligible entrants will be automatically entered in the contest. Limit of one (1) entry per insurance product type (home and/or auto), and up to two (2) entries per person. The odds of winning depend on the number of quotes requested and the number of Bell authorized patrons in the databases of The Personal that have an in-force home or auto insurance policy during the period applicable to each draw. Even though three (3) draws are held, an entrant cannot win the contest more than once.
The Personal, its employees, representatives or agents or those of any other entity that is part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, as well as anyone residing with any of these employees, representatives or agents, are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Three (3) winners will be selected by electronic draw from among all the eligible entrants, as described in section 2 herein.
- The first winner will be selected by the first electronic draw on May 10, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) among all eligible entrants who have obtained a home or auto insurance quote between April 1, 2022, and May 9, 2022, or hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy as of May 9, 2022.
- The second winner will be selected by the second electronic draw on August 10, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) among all eligible entrants who have obtained a home or auto insurance quote between April 1, 2022, and August 9, 2022, or hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy as of August 9, 2022.
- The third winner will be selected by the third electronic draw on December 12, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) among all eligible entrants who have obtained a home or auto insurance quote between April 1, 2022, and December 11, 2022, or hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy as of December 11, 2022.
In all three (3) cases, the electronic draws will be carried out by an authorized The Personal employee, at the head office of The Personal, located at 6300 boulevard Guillaume-Couture, Lévis, Quebec, G6V 6P9.
- To obtain the prize, the winner must meet all the conditions set out herein and:
- be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw;
- correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question posed during the above-mentioned phone call;
- accept the prize as awarded and as described above;
- consent to the use of his or her name, place of residence, photograph and voice likeness in any publicity associated with this contest, without compensation;
- sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) pursuant to the conditions set forth by The Personal.
- The Declaration Form will be sent to the winner by mail with the prize confirmation letter. The winner must return it to The Personal within five (5) days of receipt.
- Within five (5) days of receiving the winner’s signed Declaration Form, The Personal shall send a letter to the winner to inform them of how to receive or claim the prize. The prize will be sent to the winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date of the draw.
- If a winner refuses the prize, or does not comply with any of the above conditions [for example, the winner could not be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw] or any other conditions herein, they will be disqualified. At its discretion, The Personal may hold another draw to award the disqualified person’s prize to another eligible entrant, in accordance with the rules herein. The new draw will proceed in the same manner as described in these rules, with the exception of the date, which cannot be the same. Depending on the circumstances, The Personal also reserves the right to cancel the prize.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners only. The awarding or the right to receive the prize cannot be transferred to the successors or heirs of the winners.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest or cancel any entry that does not comply with the contest rules.
- All decisions by The Personal regarding this contest are final and binding. For Quebec residents only, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling on any matter under its jurisdiction. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
- The Personal cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout or other labour dispute occurring in the establishments, organizations or companies whose services are used for contest operation.
- The Personal cannot be held liable for lost, misdirected, or late entries, or for any failure, for any reason whatsoever, that may affect the availability or operation of the website or any telecommunications systems and networks for the duration of this contest. Furthermore, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to a computer or information system an entrant used to enter this contest. The Personal also disclaims all responsibility in the event of a mailing issue (like if a document mailed to The Personal is lost, late or stolen).
- By entering this contest, the winners agree, upon receipt of the prize, to indemnify The Personal for any damage that may result from entering the contest or accepting and using the prize, should the individual be declared the winner.
- The Personal shall not be held liable for any lost or stolen prize.
- In the event that the organizers are unable to award the prize as described in the contest rules, they reserve the right to award a similar prize with an equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, to award the equivalent value of the prize described in these contest rules in cash.
- Bell is not associated with this contest and do not sponsor it in any way.
- All insurance quotes remain the property of The Personal.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- A French version of these rules is available online at www.lapersonnelle.com/concours-bell. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, the French version will prevail.