“GO ON AN ADVENTURE IN QUEBEC”
The contest is held and organized in Quebec by The Personal General Insurance Inc. (“The Personal”). The contest runs from February 1, 2022, to December 14, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time), the contest closing date and time.
The contest is open exclusively to individuals who meet the entry requirements below and who are eligible for the property and casualty insurance plan (underwritten by The Personal) offered to members of the CSQ.
Eligibility and draws
No entry form required: Eligible entrants will be automatically entered in the contest. Limit of one (1) entry per insurance product type (home, auto or business insurance), and up to two (2) entries per person. The odds of winning depend on the number of quotes requested and the number of CSQ authorized patrons in the databases of The Personal that have an in-force home or auto insurance policy during the period applicable to each draw. Even though four (4) draws are held, an entrant cannot win the contest more than once.
The Personal, its employees, representatives or agents or those of any other entity that is part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. or any of its subsidiaries, as well as anyone residing with any of these employees, representatives or agents, are not eligible to enter the contest.
For each draw:
One (1) gift card of CAN $1,000, from a gift package provider chosen by The Personal, will be awarded to the winner. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- No purchase is required.
- To enter the contest, entrants must:
- Be a Quebec resident (individual/natural person)
- Be at least 18 years old (individual/natural person) on the date of each draw;
- Be a member of the CSQ on the date of the draw;
- >Have obtained a quote for home or auto insurance that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal, between February 1, 2022, and the day before one (1) of the four (4) draws OR hold an in-force home or auto insurance policy that is sold under the aforementioned property and casualty insurance plan underwritten by The Personal on the day before one (1) of the four (4) draws.
- Four (4) winners will be selected by electronic draw from among all the eligible entrants, as described in section 2 herein. The first winner will be selected by the first electronic draw on April 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time). The second winner will be selected by the second electronic draw on June 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time). The third winner will be selected by the third electronic draw on September 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time). The fourth winner will be selected by the fourth electronic draw on December 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time). In all four (4) cases, the electronic draws will be carried out by an authorized The Personal employee, at the head office of The Personal, located at 6300 boulevard Guillaume-Couture, Lévis, Quebec, G6V 6P9.
- There is a total of CAN $4,000 in prizes to be won. The prizes will be awarded through four (4) electronic draws as mentioned above.
- Winners must meet all the conditions set out herein and be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw.
- To obtain the prize, the winner must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question posed over the phone. The winner will then receive a letter confirming the awarding of the prize within five (5) days of the telephone call. The prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be transferred to any other person, or to the winner’s successor or heir.
- Each winner must sign the declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) sent to them by mail with the prize confirmation letter, and return it to The Personal within five (5) days of receipt. Within five (5) days of receiving the winner’s signed Declaration Form, The Personal shall send a letter to the winner to inform them of how to receive or claim the prize. The prize will be sent to the winner within four (4) to six (6) weeks from the date of the draw.
- If a winner refuses the prize, or does not comply with any of the above conditions [for example, the winner could not be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw] or any other conditions herein, they will be disqualified. At its discretion, The Personal may hold another draw to award the disqualified person’s prize to another eligible entrant, in accordance with the rules herein. The new draw will proceed in the same manner as described in these rules, with the exception of the date, which cannot be the same. Depending on the circumstances, The Personal also reserves the right to cancel the prize.
- The contest entrant, who is eligible in accordance with the above, is considered to be the person whose name appears as the person who obtained the insurance quote or as the insurance policyholder. If multiple individuals jointly obtained an insurance quote or if an insurance policy is held jointly, only one entry will be eligible for the draw. In addition, the first individual who is reached must answer the above-mentioned mathematical skill-testing question. The prize will then be awarded to this person on behalf of the other individuals.
- If the insurance policyholder or the person who obtained the insurance quote is a legal person (corporation), the mathematical skill-testing question will be posed to the person whose name appears on the insurance policy or insurance quote request as the representative of that corporation, or to any other designated representative thereof, and the prize will be awarded in the name of the legal person (corporation) indicated on the insurance policy or insurance quote request.
- Any decision by The Personal regarding the contest is final and binding, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec on any matter under its jurisdiction.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify anyone from the contest or cancel any entry that does not comply with the contest rules.
- The Personal cannot be held liable in any way whatsoever in the event their inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond their control, or from a strike, lockout or other labour dispute occurring in the establishments, organizations or companies whose services are used for contest operation.
- The Personal cannot be held liable for lost, misdirected, or late entries, or for any failure, for any reason whatsoever, that may affect the availability or operation of the website or any telecommunications systems and networks for the duration of this contest. Furthermore, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to a computer or information system an entrant used to enter this contest. The Personal also disclaims all responsibility in the event of a mailing issue (like if a document mailed to The Personal is lost, late or stolen).
- By entering this contest, the winners agree, upon receipt of the prize, to indemnify The Personal for any damage that may result from entering the contest or accepting and using the prize, should the individual be declared the winner.
- The Personal shall not be held liable for any lost or stolen prize.
- Any dispute regarding the organization or operation of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the sole purpose of reaching a settlement.
- La centrale des syndicats du Québec (CSQ) are not associated with this contest and do not sponsor it in any way.
- All insurance quotes remain the property of The Personal.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- A French version of these rules is available online at www.lapersonnelle.com/promo/reglement-concours-csq. In the event of a discrepancy between the French and English versions of these contest rules, the French version will prevail.