For your home and auto insurance, The Personal is an exceptional insurer
Partnered with over 700 organizations, The Personal provides home and auto group insurance to members and employees of participating organizations. It now also offers recreational vehicle and pet insurance products.
Participating professions include the Canadian military community, engineers, firefighters, accountants, health care professionals and many others.
Why choose group insurance?
The Personal negotiates directly with major businesses and organizations, as well as professional corporations and associations to ensure you have access to exceptional offers when it comes to your home and auto insurance needs. This includes:
- Competitive rates - usually lower than those available to the general public
- Personalized coverage
- First-class service
- The ability to share your group privileges with your spouse or dependants1.
- A claims department that is open for service 24/7 and the option to file a claim online
The numbers speak for themselves: 80% of our auto claims are managed with our one call resolution process.2
Are you part of a group that recognizes the benefits of being insured with The Personal? Take advantage of exclusive savings and group rates today!
Not sure if you are part of an eligible group? Find out here!
Our environmental commitment
At The Personal, we strive to reduce our environmental impact by:
- Relying on technology to reduce business travel (web conferences, etc.)
- Cutting back on the use of paper in our offices
- Offering our partner groups the option of Paper-Free Online Services
- Improving the energy efficiency of our buildings and equipment
Offering green insurance products
We want to encourage our customers to help the environment by offering them green savings:
- Home insurance: customers can save on their home insurance if their building is LEED certified.
- Auto insurance: customers who drive hybrid or electric vehicles can save on their car insurance.
Planting trees with Tree Canada
Tree Canada is a charity dedicated to planting and nurturing trees. Since 1992, they’ve planted more than 82 million trees and helped restore places hit by natural disasters.
We partnered with Tree Canada to plant a tree for every customer who signs up for a paper-free account between June 22 and July 31, 2020.
When you switch to Paper-Free or create a Paper-Free Online Services account, it benefits you and the environment.
- 1. Children must be under the age of 25 and residing in the same dwelling as the group member or the group member's spouse to be eligible.
- 2. In Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, where the “one call resolution process” is available. The first call is used to confirm coverage, liability and deductible. Applies to personal lines only. Figure is based on combined results for the three provinces for 2015.
- TM Alert is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
- TM Radar is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
- Business insurance is offered in Quebec only.