With you, whenever you need us
Get an insurance quote and save!
Your good driving habits could help you save on your insurance after only 100 days!1
Ajusto® is a telematics program that you can access from your smartphone to help you monitor your driving habits and save on your auto insurance premium.
How does Ajusto work?
Download The Personal app
The app is free and works on iPhone and Android smartphones.
Sign up for Ajusto
Go to the Prevention section of the app to sign up for the program.
You don’t need a data plan to use it.
Drive carefully and save
Get personalized feedback on your driving and gear up for potential savings!
You control your score and your savings!
Your Ajusto score is based on the way you drive. To boost your score and stay safe, keep the following elements in mind when you’re behind the wheel.
Cell phone distraction
Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents. Keep everyone safe by not using your cell phone when you drive.
Fast acceleration and hard braking
The more you can avoid fast acceleration and hard braking, the higher your score will be.
Respecting the speed limit decreases the risk of an accident and helps you get the highest score you can.
Other risk factors
These factors also affect your driving risk and your score.
Time of day
The risk of an accident is lower at certain times of the day—and the lower the risk, the more you save.
Short distances pay off because they are less risky and help you boost your score. The shorter your trips, the more you save!
If you take the same routes all the time, you’re less likely to encounter surprises and get into an accident. The more regular your daily routine, the higher your score will be.
Your score will be calculated based on the way you drive overall, not based on individual events.
With Ajusto, you’ll get a score that could turn into a discount on your auto insurance premium.
At the end of a 100-day trip analysis period (provided you have driven at least 1,000 km during that period) your discount will be applied to your auto insurance premium.
Win Ajusto medals when you improve your driving!
Challenge yourself to be a better driver!
Ajusto medals are a fun way to boost your score—and your savings! Go to the Ajusto section of the app to learn more about the medals.
At The Personal, we’re committed to respecting our clients’ right to privacy. For more information, read our Management and protection of personal information policy for mobile application users.
With The Personal, you get exclusive group rates and customized coverage for your home and auto insurance.
Not insured with the Personal and want to get Ajusto?Get an auto insurance quote today
Discover The Personal app
Registration for Ajusto is temporarily suspended.
The program will come back in 2021.
- Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
- Ajusto is underwritten by The Personal which refers to The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories of Canada.
- Ajusto is available in Quebec and Ontario only.
- ® Ajusto is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc., used under licence.
- 1. Subscribers must drive at least 1,000 km during the mandatory 100-day usage period.
- The discount does not apply to certain endorsements and additional coverages. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Ajusto Program in effect on the date of your enrollment.
- TM Alert and Radar are trademarks of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
- Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play, Google Play logo and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.