With you, whenever you need us
Get an insurance quote and save!
Your good driving habits could help you save on your insurance after only 100 days!1
With Ajusto®, you control your savings! Ajusto is a telematics program that you can access from your smartphone to help you monitor your driving habits and save up to 25% on your auto insurance premium.
How does Ajusto work?
Download The Personal app
The app is free and works on iPhone and Android smartphones.
You don’t need a data plan to use the app.
Sign up for Ajusto
Go to the Ajusto section of the app to sign up for the program.
Improve your score and your savings by driving carefully.
Ajusto uses the internet to calculate your score.
You control your score and your savings!
Your Ajusto score is based on the way you drive. To boost your score and stay safe, keep the following elements in mind when you’re behind the wheel.
Fast acceleration and hard braking
The more you can avoid fast acceleration and hard braking, the higher your score will be.
Respecting the speed limit decreases the risk of an accident and helps you get the highest score you can.
Other risk factors
These factors also affect your driving risk and your score.
Time of day
The risk of an accident is lower at certain times of the day—and the lower the risk, the more you save.
Short distances pay off because they are less risky and help you boost your score. The shorter your trips, the more you save!
Your score will be calculated based on the way you drive overall, not based on individual events.
With Ajusto, you’ll get a score that could turn into a discount on your auto insurance premium.
At the end of a 100-day trip analysis period (provided you have driven at least 1,000 km during that period) your discount will be applied to your auto insurance premium and locked in for as long as you have car insurance with us! Find out how The Personal uses your score to calculate your savings.
Remember, Ajusto will never penalize you with premium increases.
It’s a usage-based program that can make our roads safer and help you save while encouraging better driving habits.
Win Ajusto medals when you improve your driving!
Challenge yourself to be a better driver!
Ajusto medals are a fun way to boost your score—and your savings! Go to the Ajusto section of the app to learn more about the medals.
At The Personal, we’re committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential. For more information, read our Management and protection of personal information policy for mobile application users.
With The Personal, you get exclusive group rates and customized coverage for your home and auto insurance.
Not insured with the Personal and want to get Ajusto?Get an auto insurance quote today
- Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
- The Personal refers to The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories of Canada.
- TM Alert and Radar are trademarks of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
- Ajusto is available in Quebec and Ontario only.
- Ajusto® is underwritten by The Personal. ® Ajusto is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc. and is used with permission by The Personal.
- 1. Subscribers must drive at least 1,000 km during the mandatory 100-day usage period.
- The discount does not apply to certain endorsements and additional coverages. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Ajusto Program in effect on the date of your enrollment.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.