Claims - Pet: What to do

Your pet is sick or injured

Pet insurance claim?

What to do in 5 steps

-

+

Have your pet diagnosed and treated by a licensed veterinarian. When on vacation with your pet, you can visit any licensed veterinarian anywhere in Canada and the Continental United States and you'll be covered.

Don't worry; we’ll be paying you back shortly. If it’s a straightforward visit, we’ll have a payment out to you within 5 to 10 days. For more complex cases, your vet can contact Petline Insurance Company to arrange direct payment. You'll still need to pay the deductible and co-insurance but Petline will pay its portion of eligible expenses directly to the veterinarian.

What's my co-insurance?

This is the portion of the pet insurance claim that you, the policy holder must pay. With The Personal Pet Insurance Program, we pay 80% of your veterinary fees and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

What’s my deductible?

The deductible is a fixed amount which you are responsible for. The deductible is based on your pet’s age. This amount is deducted from your claim after co-insurance has been applied. With our coverage, you only have to pay one annual deductible, no matter how many insurance claims you have throughout the year. You are not required to pay the annual deductible in years that you do not claim.

This is the most important step. Our easy-to-use claim form must be fully completed and signed by both you and your vet. You can download a claim form (PDF) at your convenience. Again, don’t forget to sign it and have your vet sign it, too. Incomplete forms can cause delays.

All you have to do now is mail, fax or email your claim form (along with a copy of your paid and itemized vet bill) to Petline Insurance Company.

By mail

Petline Insurance Company
301-600 Empress Street
Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3G 0R5

By fax

1-866-501-5580

By email

claims@petlineinsurance.com

Claims advisors from Petline will process your claim quickly and send you a cheque - typically within 5 to 10 days. We can even arrange for direct deposit to your bank account if you wish.

Please remember that you'll be reimbursed for your original claim amount, less your co-insurance and deductible. Naturally, your policy’s coverage limits also apply.

What's my co-insurance?

This is the portion of the pet insurance claim that you, the policy holder must pay. With The Desjardins Pet Insurance Program, we pay 80% of your veterinary fees and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

What’s my deductible?

The deductible is a fixed amount which you are responsible for. The deductible is based on your pet’s age. This amount is deducted from your claim after co-insurance has been applied. With our coverage, you only have to pay one annual deductible, no matter how many insurance claims you have throughout the year. You are not required to pay the annual deductible in years that you do not claim.

 

Pet insurance claim?

Call us at 1 800 581-0580

The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The Personal Pet Insurance Program is underwritten by Petline Insurance Company and is distributed by Desjardins General Insurance Services Inc. in all provinces and territories and by Desjardins General Insurance Inc. in Quebec.