Updated: April 3, 2020
COVID-19: We’re here for you
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we want to reassure you that The Personal employees are continuing to work hard for you.
This is a challenging time for everyone, that’s why we want you to get the support and coverage you need.
Ways we can help you
If you need to access your insurance documents, modify your policy or make a claim, our online services are always available.
Visit Customer Space to log in to your secure account, create an account, or download our mobile app.
Prefer to speak to us?
Call us at By phone:1-888-476-8737.
Relief measures for our clients
If you’re having financial difficulties because of the coronavirus, for example, if you’ve been laid off or your business is closing temporarily, contact us so we can find a solution that works for you.
Helping Canadians return from the United States
Do you need to rent a car to get back to Canada quickly?
- We’re adding liability coverage for rented or borrowed vehicles (Endorsement 27) to our existing private passenger and light commercial vehicle insurance policies at no extra charge.1 So if you need to rent a car to drive back from the United States, you won’t have to buy the rental company’s insurance.
- If your car is in the United States longer than expected, you’ll also be covered for this period of time at no extra cost.1
- These coverages apply automatically to existing policies. There’s no need to call us.
Helping people make deliveries
Are you using your own vehicle to deliver meals, groceries or prescription drugs during the pandemic?
- Whether you’re volunteering by delivering takeout meals, groceries or prescriptions, or you’re making deliveries as the owner or employee of a restaurant, pharmacy or grocery store, we’re offering you temporary auto insurance coverage for deliveries1 at no extra charge.
- This coverage applies automatically to existing policies. There’s no need to call us.
- This coverage will not be added if deliveries are made via third party apps and services like UberEats, Skip the Dishes, Instacart and Amazon Flex. These services remain a prohibited use.
Our prevention measures
Our priority is keeping you and our employees safe. We’re following government health guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus.
- All employees returning from travelling abroad are working from home as a preventive measure.
- Right now, employees who can work from home are being asked to do so.
- Business travel has been suspended.
- When possible, team meetings are being held online or by phone rather than in person.
You can count on us
We’re continuing to monitor the situation as it evolves and to listen to your concerns. Remember that we’re here to support you if you need help. Thank you for your trust.
1. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The other terms and conditions relating to the coverage in force are specified in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Auto Insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia due to government-run plans.