Updated: June 30, 2020
COVID-19: We’re here for you
Relief measures for our clients
We understand that you may be struggling at this time. That’s why we want to make things a little easier for you with our relief measures.
Helping you make deliveries
During the pandemic, are you using your vehicle to deliver meals, groceries or prescription drugs?
- Whether you’re making deliveries as a volunteer or as the owner or employee of a restaurant, pharmacy or grocery store, we’re offering you temporary auto insurance coverage for deliveries at no extra charge.
- This coverage applies automatically to vehicles already insured with us before April 2, 2020. There’s no need to call us.
- This coverage will not be added if deliveries are made via third-party apps and services like UberEats, Skip the Dishes, Instacart and Amazon Flex. These services remain a prohibited use.
Increasing your coverage if you’re working from home
Are you working from home for your employer during the pandemic?
- We’ve temporarily increased our insurance for losses affecting home-based business property to $10,000 on our home insurance policies at no extra cost. That means if you’ve had to buy items like a computer or an ergonomic chair, you can work from home with peace of mind.
- This coverage applies automatically to existing policies. There’s no need to call us.
Offering you personalized help
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has led to financial struggles for some people. So, we’ve developed relief measures for our home and auto insurance customers.
If you need help, call us so we can work out a solution that works for you:
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Helping you return from the United States
Do you need to rent a car to get back to Canada quickly?
- We’re adding liability coverage for rented or borrowed vehicles (Endorsement 27) to our existing private passenger and light commercial vehicle insurance policies at no extra charge. So if you need to rent a car to drive back from the United States, you won’t have to buy the rental company’s insurance.
- If your car is in the United States longer than expected, you’ll also be covered for this period of time at no extra cost.
- These coverages apply automatically to existing policies. There’s no need to call us.
Other ways we can help you
If you need to access your insurance documents, modify your policy or make a claim, our online services are always available.
Visit our Customer Space to log in to your secure account, create an account, or download our mobile app.
Prefer to speak to us?
Call us at By phone:1-888-476-8737
You can count on us
We’re continuing to monitor the situation as it evolves and to listen to your concerns. Remember that we’re here to support you if you need help. Thank you for your trust.
Do you have an ongoing claim?
If you’re worried about delays with your home or car repairs, or you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to contact your claims advisor for advice and help with your claim. We’re here for you throughout your claim.
Our prevention measures
Our priority is keeping you and our employees safe. We’re following government health guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus.
- All employees returning from travelling abroad are working from home as a preventive measure.
- Right now, all employees who can work from home are doing so.
- Business travel has been suspended.
- Team meetings are being held online.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and The Personal cannot be held liable for them. The relief measures described are temporary. The other terms and conditions relating to the coverage in force are specified in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Auto Insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia due to government-run plans.