Identity Theft Assistance from The Personal
Free assistance against identity theft
How does it work?
Identity Theft Assistance is a confidential service. If your identity has been stolen, or you suspect that it might have been, call our lawyers or psychologists1, day or night, to:
- Get advice on how to prevent identity theft
- Ask questions about identity theft
- Get help to recover your identity2
Already have home insurance with us? Call By phone: 1-877-870-4973.
Make sure to have your policy number on hand when you call.
This service can help you if:
- Your passport is stolen and you want to know how to protect yourself
- You lose your social insurance card and want to make sure no one has applied for credit in your name
- You lose your wallet and want to know where to begin to get new pieces of ID
- This service is offered to clients who have a home insurance policy with The Personal. Conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
- Our identity theft lawyers are available Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). Outside of these hours, a coordinator from The Personal Assistance Services will walk you through the initial steps and a lawyer will call you back. Our psychologist service consists of a complimentary one-hour telephone consultation to help you manage the stress associated with identity theft, and must be used within a year of the Identity Theft Assistance file being opened.
- Identity Theft Assistance provides a service only; it does not cover any financial losses.