Additional home insurance coverage

Additional coverage for group home insurance: water damage, sewer back-up, flood, weight of snow, pool, hot tub, fuel oil.

Home insurance that works for you

Try our simplified quote and start saving!

Quote with possibility to buy online

Quote with possibility to buy online

Customize your home insurance with additional coverage that fits your needs. The Personal offers extra coverage, including a full range of water damage coverages to give you even more peace of mind.

Water damage - Ground water and sewer back-up (excluding flood caused by the overflow of a body of water)
(Endorsement 16c)

Protect your home against ground water seepage and sewer back-up

This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage caused by surface water or ground water, such as:

  • Sewer back-up
  • Water seeping into your home through the foundation, walls or other openings

Find out if you have enough amount of coverage for ground water damage.

Flood caused by the overflow of a body of water
(Endorsement 16d)

Find out more on our new flood coverage

This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage to insured property caused by:

  • Water that reaches the premises and that originates from the rising or overflow of a body of water or from a dam break
  • Impact by water-borne objects that reach the premises, including ice

Water damage - Above ground water and weight of ice, snow or sleet
(Endorsement 42)

Protect your home against leaks, seepage and other damage

This coverage offers protection against damage caused by:

  • Rain or snow seeping through walls, roofs, doors and windows
  • Water discharging, backing up or overflowing from eavestroughs or downspouts
  • The weight of ice, snow or wet snow

Learn more by reading our water damage prevention tips.

Above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool and hot tub
(Endorsements 33a or 33b)

Get coverage for your outdoor amenities

Protect your pool or your hot tub against damage caused by freezing, thawing and the weight of ice or snow.

You can add coverage to your policy for your above ground or semi-inground swimming pool (Endorsement 33a) or your inground swimming pool or hot tub (Endorsement 33b). Talk to your insurance agent to get the coverage you need.

These endorsements also cover equipment, accessories and patios connected to your pool or hot tub (they do not cover patios attached to your residence).

Escape of fuel oil
(Endorsements 46b and 46c)

Avoid unexpected expenses if you have a fuel oil leak

Our protection for fuel oil spills or leaks (found in Endorsement 46b) covers:

  • Your property
  • Soil decontamination

Endorsement 46c covers:

  • Liability for damage caused to others, if you’re a homeowner

Before you call one of our agents to add this coverage to your home insurance policy, please review our questions on fuel oil tanks.

Coverage for watercraft and other valuables

Do you own a personal watercraft or other watercraft such as canoe, kayak, rowboat, pedal boat or sailboard ?

Let your insurance agent know so they can make sure you have the right coverage.

We’re here to help

As well as great coverage, take advantage of prevention advice and AlertTM, a water damage detection program with our water damage solutions.

To find out more, call us to speak to an insurance agents about our additional insurance coverages. We’ll check your eligibility and help you choose the coverage that’s right for you.

Read our Prevention tips to find out how you can protect your property against water damage.

The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.

TM Alert is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.