Additional home insurance coverage
Home insurance that works for you
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
Water damage - Ground water and sewer back-up (excluding flood caused by the overflow of a body of water)
Protect your home against ground water seepage and sewer back-up
This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage caused by surface water or ground water, such as:
- Sewer back-up
- Water seeping into your home through the foundation, walls or other openings
Find out if you have enough amount of coverage for ground water damage.
Flood caused by the overflow of a body of water
Find out more on our new flood coverage
This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage to insured property caused by:
- Water that reaches the premises and that originates from the rising or overflow of a body of water or from a dam break
- Impact by water-borne objects that reach the premises, including ice
Water damage - Above ground water and weight of ice, snow or sleet
Protect your home against leaks, seepage and other damage
This coverage offers protection against damage caused by:
- Rain or snow seeping through walls, roofs, doors and windows
- Water discharging, backing up or overflowing from eavestroughs or downspouts
- The weight of ice, snow or wet snow
Above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool and hot tub
(Endorsements 33a or 33b)
Get coverage for your outdoor amenities
Protect your pool or your hot tub against damage caused by ice or snow.
You can add coverage to your policy for your above ground or semi-inground swimming pool (Endorsement 33a) or your inground swimming pool or hot tub (Endorsement 33b). Talk to your insurance agent to get the coverage you need.
These endorsements also cover equipment, accessories and patios connected to your pool or hot tub (they do not cover patios attached to your residence).
Escape of fuel oil
(Endorsements 46b and 46c)
Avoid unexpected expenses if you have a fuel oil leak
Our protection for fuel oil spills or leaks (found in Endorsement 46b) covers:
- Your property
- Soil decontamination
Endorsement 46c covers:
- Liability for damage caused to others, if you’re a homeowner
Before you call one of our agents to add this coverage to your home insurance policy, please review our questions on fuel oil tanks.
Coverage for watercraft and other valuables
Do you own a personal watercraft or other watercraft such as canoe, kayak, rowboat, pedal boat or sailboard ?
Let your insurance agent know so they can make sure you have the right coverage.
We’re here to help
As well as great coverage, you get prevention advice and a water damage detection device with our H2O+ Solutions.
Also, one of our insurance agents can tell you more about our additional insurance coverages, check your eligibility and help you choose the coverage that’s right for you.
- The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.