Additional home insurance coverage
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
Water damage - Ground water and sewer back-up (excluding flood caused by the overflow of a body of water)
Protect your home against ground water seepage and sewer back-up
This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage caused by surface water or ground water, such as:
- Sewer back-up
- Water seeping into your home through the foundation, walls or other openings
Find out if you have enough amount of coverage for ground water damage.
New! Flood caused by the overflow of a body of water
Find out more on our new flood coverage
This coverage offers protection against sudden and accidental damage to insured property caused by:
- Water that reaches the premises and that originates from the rising or overflow of a body of water or from a dam break
- Impact by water-borne objects that reach the premises, including ice
Water damage - Above ground water and weight of ice and snow
Protect your home against leaks, seepage and other damage
This coverage offers protection against damage caused by:
- Rain or snow seeping through walls, roofs, doors and windows
- Water discharging, backing up or overflowing from eavestroughs or downspouts
- The weight of ice, snow or wet snow
Water service pipe breakage
Replace your water service pipe at the first sign of damage
This protection covers:
- Tear out and replacement costs required to repair the broken or malfunctioning water service pipe to prevent damage to your property
Outdoor swimming pools, hot tubs and saunas
(Endorsements 33a or 33b)
Get coverage for your outdoor amenities
Protect your pool, hot tub or sauna against damage caused by ice or snow.
You can add coverage to your policy for your above ground pool (Endorsement 33a) or your in-ground pool or sauna (Endorsement 33b). Talk to your insurance agent to get the coverage you need.
These endorsements also cover equipment, accessories and patios connected to your pool or sauna (they do not cover patios attached to your residence).
Fuel oil leaks
(Endorsements 46b and 46c)
Avoid unexpected expenses if you have a fuel oil leak
Our protection for fuel oil spills or leaks (found in Endorsement 46b) covers:
- Your property
- Soil decontamination up to $100,000
Endorsement 46c covers:
- Liability up to $100,000 for damage caused to others, if you’re a homeowner
Before you call one of our agents to add this coverage to your home insurance policy, please review our questions on fuel oil tanks.
Get coverage for earthquake damage
With our earthquake coverage (Endorsement 22a), you can protect your home against damage caused by:
- Ground movement that occurs during earthquakes (including avalanches and landslides)
Fire, explosion and smoke damage caused by an earthquake is automatically included with all home insurance policies (Endorsement 22b).
Coverage for boats and other valuables
Do you own a boat, canoe, kayak, rowboat, pedal boat or other personal watercraft?
Do you own high-value items like artwork, jewellery or special collections?
Let your insurance agent know so they can make sure you have the right coverage.
We’re here to help
As well as great coverage, you get prevention advice and a water damage detection device with our H2O+ Solutions.
Also, one of our insurance agents can tell you more about our additional insurance coverages, check your eligibility and help you choose the coverage that’s right for you.
- The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.