Condo owner insurance coverage
The right coverage for condo owners at the right price
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
Protect your property with all-risk insurance
When you take out a condo insurance policy with us, your personal property is protected against common risks like fire, theft and vandalism. You’re also covered if a pipe suddenly bursts or a household appliance (such as a dishwasher) breaks and causes water damage in your home.
Our all-risk insurance also covers:
- Condo upgrades (remember to let us know if you make any!)
- Accidental damage (such as a paint spill on carpet)
- Additional living expenses in the event of major damage following an insured loss (i.e., what you pay out of pocket if you have to relocate after a fire while your condo is being repaired)
The phone rang as Julie was cooking, so she stepped away to answer it. While she was talking, a grease fire started and damaged her high-end stove and new cabinets. Julie’s all-risk insurance policy will cover the damage to her stove and will make up the difference between the cost of the original cabinets (covered by the condo board’s insurance policy) and her new cabinets.
Protect your assets with liability coverages
Liability coverages protect you if you accidentally injure another person or damage their property. Here are two examples:
- Your bathtub overflows and causes water damage to your downstairs neighbour’s unit
- You leave a candle burning, which sparks a fire that damages your unit and neighbouring units
Without this coverage, your finances could be put in jeopardy if you’re sued. Most policyholders opt for $1 million in liability insurance, though under certain conditions you can choose up to $5 million.
Did you know…
When you travel, your home insurance policy provides property and liability coverages no matter where you are.
Customize your insurance
Add coverage for damage caused by sewer back-up, water seepage and flood
Swimming pool and hot tub
Protect your above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool or your hot tub against damage caused by freezing or the weight of ice or snow
Escape of fuel oil
Protect your property against spills from your oil tank
Take advantage of our assistance service
With home insurance from The Personal, you get access to Identity Theft Assistance at no extra charge.
- The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.