Home insurance for homeowners
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
Protect your home with all-risk insurance
When you take out a home insurance policy with us, your residence, detached private structures (such as sheds) and personal property are protected against common risks like fire, theft and vandalism. You’re also covered if a pipe suddenly bursts or a household appliance (such as a dishwasher) breaks and causes water damage in your home.
Our all-risk insurance also covers:
- Accidental damage (such as a paint spill on carpet)
- Additional living expenses in the event of major damage following an insured loss (i.e., what you pay out of pocket if you have to relocate after a fire while your home is being repaired)
While doing laundry, Simon knocks over a bottle of bleach that spills onto the floor and all over his clothes. Not only are his clothes ruined, but his wood floor is seriously damaged. His all-risk home insurance policy will cover the costs of repairing the damage.
Protect your assets with liability coverages
Liability coverages protect you if you accidentally injure another person or damage their property. For example, if:
- A fire in your house spreads to your neighbour’s home
- A visitor slips on your icy stairs and breaks their leg
- Your dog bites a houseguest
Without this coverage, your finances could be put in jeopardy if you’re sued. Most policyholders opt for $1 million in liability insurance, though under certain conditions you can choose up to $5 million.
Did you know…
When you travel, your home insurance policy provides property and liability coverages no matter where you are.
Customize your insurance
Add coverage for damage caused by sewer back-up, water seepage and flood
Swimming pool and hot tub
Protect your above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool or your hot tub against damage caused by freezing or the weight of ice or snow
Escape of fuel oil
Protect your property against spills from your oil tank
Take advantage of our assistance service
With home insurance from The Personal, you get access to Identity Theft Assistance at no extra charge.
- The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.