Tenant insurance coverage

Get tenant insurance for groups from The Personal and insure your property at exclusive rates. Get tenant insurance for groups from The Personal and insure your property at exclusive rates.

Tenant insurance that works for you

Try our simplified quote and start saving!

Quote with possibility to buy online

Quote with possibility to buy online

From getting a quote to buying your tenant insurance policy, you can do it all online!

As a member of a group insured with The Personal, you can get all-risk tenant insurance to protect your apartment against most accidental damage and liability coverage to protect you in the event of injury to others or damage to their property.

Protect your property with all-risk insurance

When you take out group tenant insurance with us, your apartment and personal property are protected against common risks like fire, theft and vandalism. You’re also covered if a pipe suddenly bursts or a household appliance (such as a dishwasher) breaks and causes water damage in your home.

Our all-risk insurance also covers:

  • Accidental damage (such as a paint spill on carpet)
  • Your personal property stored in detached private structures (such as sheds)
  • Additional living expenses in the event of major damage following an insured loss(i.e., what you pay out of pocket if you have to relocate after a fire while your apartment is being repaired)

We also insure houses, condominium units and secondary residences.


While Annie was on vacation, thieves broke into her apartment and took off with her computer and a number of personal items. The loss was estimated at $4,355. Fortunately, Annie had tenant insurance that covered theft. She got the money back to replace her belongings and only had to pay her deductible!

Protect your assets with liability coverage

Liability coverages protect you if you accidentally injure another person or damage their property. Here are some examples:

  • Your bathtub overflows and causes water damage to your downstairs neighbour’s apartment
  • You leave a candle burning, which sparks a fire that damages your apartment and surrounding units
  • Your dog bites a houseguest

Without this coverage, your finances could be put in jeopardy if you’re sued. Most renters opt for $1 million in liability insurance, though under certain conditions you can choose up to $5 million.

Did you know…

When you travel, your tenant insurance policy covers your property and liability, no matter where you are.

Customize your group insurance with optional coverage

Water damage

Add coverage for damage caused by sewer back-up, water seepage and flood

Learn more

Swimming pool and hot tub

Protect your above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool or your hot tub against damage caused by ice and snow

Learn more

Escape of fuel oil

Get coverage for damage caused by fuel oil spills

Learn more

Take advantage of our assistance service

With group tenant insurance from The Personal, you get access to Identity Theft Assistance at no extra charge.

Identity Theft Assistance

Get help from a team of qualified professionals if your identity is stolen.

  • Available 24/7
  • Included with your tenant insurance policy
Learn more
  • The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Online insurance purchase is available subject to our underwriting policies. Limitations and exclusions apply.