Tenant insurance coverage
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
Protect your property with all-risk insurance
When you take out tenant insurance with us, your apartment and personal property are protected against common risks like fire, theft and vandalism. You’re also covered if a pipe suddenly bursts or a household appliance (such as a dishwasher) breaks and causes water damage in your home.
Our all-risk insurance also covers:
- Accidental damage (such as a paint spill on carpet)
- Your personal property stored in detached private structures (such as sheds)
- Additional living expenses in the event of major damage following an insured loss(i.e., what you pay out of pocket if you have to relocate after a fire while your apartment is being repaired)
While Annie was on vacation, thieves broke into her apartment and took off with her computer and a number of personal items. The loss was estimated at $4,355. Fortunately, Annie had home insurance that covered theft. She got the money back to replace her belongings and only had to pay her deductible!
Protect your assets with liability coverages
Liability coverages protect you if you accidentally injure another person or damage their property. Here are some examples:
- Your bathtub overflows and causes water damage to your downstairs neighbour’s apartment
- You leave a candle burning, which sparks a fire that damages your apartment and surrounding units
- Your dog bites a houseguest
Without this coverage, your finances could be put in jeopardy if you’re sued. Most policyholders opt for $1 million in liability insurance, though under certain conditions you can choose up to $5 million.
Did you know…
When you travel, your home insurance policy provides property and liability coverages no matter where you are.
Customize your insurance
Add coverage for damage caused by sewer back-up, water seepage and flood
Swimming pool and hot tub
Protect your above ground, semi-inground or inground swimming pool or your hot tub against damage caused by freezing or the weight of ice or snow
Escape of fuel oil
Protect your property against spills from your oil tank
Take advantage of our assistance service
With home insurance from The Personal, you get access to Identity Theft Assistance at no extra charge.
- The information on this page is provided for informational purposes only. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the home insurance policy, which always prevails. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.