Rules and Regulations
Find Your Hygge contest – Fall 2019
The contest is held and organized by The Personal Insurance Company (“The Personal”) and runs from September 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019, closing at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
The contest is open exclusively to employees, retired employees, and members of organizations that meet the criteria outlined below and who are eligible for home and auto1 insurance with The Personal.
There is a total of $15,000 (CDN) in prizes available to be won, consisting of the following:
- Three (3) cash prizes of $5,000 (CDN) each to be awarded in accordance with the rules outlined below.
- To be eligible for the prizes, entrants must:
- reside in Canada;
- not reside in the Province of Quebec;
- have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence on the date of the draw;
- be an employee, a retired employee or member of an organization that has a written group marketing plan with The Personal on the date of each draw;
- be eligible for home and/or auto insurance with The Personal; and
- meet the following further eligibility criteria:
- Have obtained a valid home or auto insurance quote from The Personal by calling 1-888-476-8737 or online at thepersonal.com/comfort between September 1, 2019 and the end of the month preceding the date of each draw; OR
- have a home or auto insurance policy with The Personal in force at the end of the month preceding the date of each draw.
- No entry form or purchase required. One chance of winning per insurance product per person.
- The Personal, its employees, representatives or agents or those of any other entity that is part of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, as well as anyone domiciled with said employees, representatives or agents, are not eligible to participate in the grand prize draw.
- Eligible contestants can only win one (1) prize.
Details of the Draw
- The winners shall be chosen by three (3) electronic draws at the head office of The Personal, which is located at 3 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga (ON) L4Z 3Z9, at 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time from among all eligible entries:
- October 9, 2019: : one (1) draw among all persons that have obtained a home or auto insurance quote from The Personal between September 1, 2019 and September 30, 2019 OR that have a home or auto insurance policy in force with The Personal on September 30, 2019.
- November 6, 2019: one (1) draw among all persons that have obtained a home or auto insurance quote from The Personal between September 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019 OR that have a home or auto insurance policy in force with The Personal on October 31, 2019.
- January 8, 2020: one (1) draw among all persons that have obtained a home or auto insurance quote from The Personal between September 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 OR that have a home or auto insurance policy in force with The Personal on December 31, 2019.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of valid insurance quotes received during the time periods referred to in paragraph (a) above and the number of home and auto insurance policies in force with The Personal on the days referred to in paragraph (a) above.
- To claim the prize, the winner must meet the eligibility criteria described above and:
- be reached by telephone in the ten (10) business days following the draw;
- correctly answer a timed mathematical skill-testing question asked over the telephone;
- accept the prize as awarded;
- consent to the use of his or her name, place of residence, photograph and voice in any contest-related advertising, without compensation;
- sign a declaration and release of liability form pursuant to the conditions set forth by The Personal, if requested to do so, and return it within ten (10) days of receipt.
- A contest entrant is defined as someone whose name appears on an eligible insurance quote or is an existing policyholder of The Personal. If two people jointly requested a quote, it is the person who is an employee, member or retired employee of an organization that has a written group marketing plan with The Personal who must answer the mathematical skill-testing question, and the prize shall be awarded in that person’s name only. If both people are employees, members or retired employees of an organization that has a written group marketing plan with The Personal, either may answer the mathematical skill-testing question, and the prize shall be awarded in both of their names.
- Within ten (10) days after speaking with the winner, the winner shall receive a letter confirming that he or she has been declared the winner, and a declaration and release of liability form.
- Within ten (10) days of the organizers receiving the declaration and release of liability form duly completed and signed by the winner, the prize shall be sent to the winner
- The prize is not transferable, either to another person or to the successors or heirs of the winner.
- All quote requests remain the property of The Personal.
- The Personal reserves the right to modify the contest conditions or terminate the contest at any time, without notice.
- The Personal reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or cancel any entry that does not comply with these rules.
- All decisions made by The Personal are final and binding.
- The Personal cannot be held liable for lost, misdirected, or late entries, or for any failure, for any reason whatsoever, that may affect the availability or operation of the website or any telecommunications systems and networks for the duration of this contest. Moreover, The Personal cannot be held liable for any damage to entrants’ computers or to components of computer systems used to enter this contest.
- By entering this contest, participants release and hold harmless The Personal of all liability and damage that could result from said entry or from the acceptance or use of the prize if a person is declared the winner.
- The Personal disclaims all responsibility in case of loss or theft of the prize.
- The contest is subject to all applicable laws.
- A French version of these rules is available on the following website: lapersonnelle.com/confort/reglements. In the event of a discrepancy between the English and French versions of these rules, the English version shall prevail.
1Auto insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or British Columbia due to government-run plans.