Cost and eligibility
To be eligible for The Personal Travel Insurance Program:
- You must be a Canadian resident (children must be at least 15 days old)
- Your trip must begin and end in your home province
- Your policy must be issued prior to your departure date and cover the whole time you are planning to be away
- You must be covered by your provincial healthcare and hospitalization insurance plans the whole time you're away
Your premium is based on:
- Your age
- How long you'll be away
- Your health
- The coverages and amounts of insurance selected
Any applicable taxes are added to the premium of the policy.
Family and intergenerational premium
The cost of insurance covers:
- The total premium for the two oldest individuals in the family
- The other insureds under the same contract get Emergency Health Care, Baggage and Accident coverage free of charge, if they are 25 or under
Save up to 15% on Multi-Trip Annual Insurance
Travel more than once a year? Choose Multi-Trip Annual Insurance and you can save up to 15% on your travel insurance, in addition to getting an exclusive group rate!
- Some conditions, exclusions and limits apply.
- The Personal Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company.
- Eligibility is limited to employees and members of groups that have a partnership agreement with The Personal Insurance Company that includes The Personal Travel Insurance Program.
- The Personal Insurance Company and Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company are affiliated companies and subsidiaries of Desjardins Group.