The Personal Travel Insurance Program for Groups
Travel with peace of mind
Travel insurance is a must to protect your finances against the unexpected.
Whether you want to purchase comprehensive travel insurance or add a few coverage options to complement the travel insurance provided by your employer or credit card, The Personal Travel Insurance Program has a solution that’s right for you.
Why choose us?
Quick and easy online purchases
Flexible Multi-Trip Annual Insurance
Affordable family premiums
24/7 assistance service
À la carte coverages
Emergency Health Care
Reimburses up to $5,000,000 per insured for emergency care if you suddenly and unexpectedly become ill or have an accident on your trip.
Covers transportation or repatriation expenses incurred for medical reasons or in the event of death.
Provides a benefit for death or loss of use of a limb caused by an accident that occurs during your flight or while travelling.
Covers stolen, delayed or damaged baggage.
Covers the cost of replacing a passport, visa, driver's licence or birth certificate.
Trip Cancellation or Interruption
Reimburses expenses incurred if a trip needs to be cancelled for reasons recognized by the insurer.
Covers the unused portion of your trip if you need to cut it short and some additional expenses resulting from your unexpected return.
Emergency Return Trip
Is available as an add-on when you purchase Emergency Health Care coverage.
Covers, in certain circumstances, the plane transportation expenses from your vacation destination to your home province and back again.
Savings and advantages
Multi-Trip Annual Insurance
A must-have for anyone who travels more than once a year! Members or employees of a participating organization benefit from a preferred rate on annual coverage. Think about it! The chances of you or one of your family members taking at least one trip outside your home province this year are pretty high.
With Multi-Trip Annual Insurance, you can travel where, when and as often as you like, knowing that you’re fully covered every time:
- Purchase a single policy for the whole year.
- Be covered for an unlimited number of trips. No need to count!
- Choose the duration that’s right for you (between 8 and 182 days).
- Benefit from a wide range of coverage options—select the one that suits you best.
- Take advantage of one of the best family premiums on the market.
- Bypass the medical questionnaire if you’re under the age of 61.
- Get 24/7 travel assistance.
Save up to 15% on Multi-Trip Annual Insurance
Choose Multi-Trip Annual Insurance and you can save up to 15% on your travel insurance, in addition to getting exclusive group rates!
Take a four-year vacation from health questions with the QUATTRA Advantage
You are between the ages of 61 and 80? Eliminate the unnecessary stress of filling out a medical questionnaire by choosing the Quattra Advantage. Just fill out one medical questionnaire and know that any changes to your health won’t affect your premiums or eligibility for four whole years. Now that’s peace of mind!1
The more insurance coverages you combine, the more you save!
Family and intergenerational premium
The cost of insurance covers:
- The total premium for the two oldest individuals in the family
- The other insureds under the same contract get Emergency Health Care, Baggage and Accident coverage free of charge, if they are 25 or under
To be eligible for The Personal Travel Insurance Program:
- You must be a Canadian resident (children must be at least 15 days old)
- Your trip must begin and end in your home province
- Your policy must be issued prior to your departure date and cover the whole time you are planning to be away
- You must be covered by your provincial healthcare and hospitalization insurance plans the whole time you're away
The Personal Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company.
- Some conditions, exclusions and limits apply.
- The Personal Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company.
- Eligibility is limited to employees and members of groups that have a partnership agreement with The Personal Insurance Company that includes The Personal Travel Insurance Program.
- The Personal Insurance Company and Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company are affiliated companies and subsidiaries of Desjardins Group.
- 1. Make sure you choose the most appropriate duration for your Multi-Trip Annual Insurance, as this offer is only valid for the length of stay selected at the time of purchase. This offer excludes extensions of the length of stay.