Ways to reduce your insurance premiums
Bundle your policies
If you haven’t already done it, it’s well worth insuring your cars and recreational vehicles (like motorcycles, snowmobiles and campers), as well as your home and cottage with the same insurance company. Bundling all your policies can help you save on your premiums.
Update your car insurance
- Save on your car insurance during lockdown. If you’re using your car only for essential trips, you may be eligible for a relief measure. See how to apply if you’ve changed your driving habits because of
- Increase your deductibles. You can save on your premium by increasing your deductibles for Collision or Upset and Comprehensive. But before you make any changes, make sure you’d be comfortable paying that amount in the event of a claim.
- Insure all your vehicles with us. You could save on your car insurance premium with our Multi-Vehicle Discount.
- Tell us if you install winter tires. When you have winter tires on your car in the colder months, you’ll enjoy better road safety and get our Winter Tire Savings.
- Get more discounts. Check out all our auto insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Shopping for a new car?
- Choose a model with a lower insurance rate. To get a quick premium estimate for the cars you’re looking at, simply log in to your Online Services account and try out our Shopping Tool. It’s an easy way to compare rates for different models.
- Choose a car with more affordable repairs. It costs less to repair an economy car than a luxury model. And repair costs could impact your insurance rate.
- Consider a hybrid or electric vehicle. On top of government incentives and gas savings, you could take advantage of our hybrid or electric vehicle savings.
Update your home insurance
- Review your coverage. It’s worth letting your insurance company know if you’ve made changes like re-roofing your home. It could save you money on your premium.
- Increase your deductible. A typical home insurance deductible is $500. If you’re comfortable paying more out of pocket in an insurance claim, you could increase it to say $1,000 and reduce your home insurance costs.
- Insure your home and your car with us. You could save on your home insurance with our Multi-Line Discount.
- Has someone in your home quit smoking? Let us know! A smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire, and it lowers your insurance premium.
- Get more discounts. Check out our other home insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Get a security system in your home
- Install a centrally-monitored fire and theft system. You could save on your home insurance with our Alarm System Discount.
- Protect your home from water damage. You’ll have peace of mind, and you could save on your home insurance with our Water Damage Prevention System Savings.
Discover our relief measures
The Personal has adopted a range of relief measures to help our customers during the pandemic. Find out more on our dedicated
Savings and discounts are subject to eligibility conditions and may vary by jurisdiction.
Offers and discounts may change without notice. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and Th Personal cannot be held liable for them. We recommend using caution and consulting an expert for comprehensive, tailored advice.