Bundle your policies
If you haven’t already done it, it’s well worth insuring your cars and recreational vehicles (like motorcycles, snowmobiles and campers), as well as your home and cottage with the same insurance company. Bundling all your policies can help you save on your premiums.
Use your BONUSDOLLARS® to pay your car or home policy
If you have a Desjardins credit card, find out how you can use your BONUSDOLLARS towards your insurance premium. It’s a great way to cut your costs.
Update your car insurance
- Increase your deductibles. You can save on your premium by increasing your deductibles for Collision and upset and All perils other than collision or upset. But before you make any changes, make sure you’d be comfortable paying that amount in the event of a claim.
- Get a certified security system. If your car has a tracking system, you could save on your insurance, no matter how old your car is.
- Insure all your vehicles with us. You could save up to 15% on your car insurance premium with our Multi-Vehicle Savings. Plus, you’ll get a 50% discount on the Worry-Free OptionTM an insurance package of our most popular coverages.
- Get more discounts. Check out all our auto insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Shopping for a new car?
- Choose a model with a lower insurance rate. Compare rates for different models to choose one that has a lower insurance rate.
- Choose a car with more affordable repairs. It costs less to repair a standard car than a luxury model. Repair costs could also impact your insurance premium.
- Consider a hybrid or electric vehicle. On top of government incentives and gas savings, you could take advantage of our EcoSavings.
Update your home insurance
- Review your coverage. It’s worth letting your insurance company know if you’ve made changes like re-roofing your home. It could save you money on your premium.
- Increase your deductible. If you’re comfortable paying more out of pocket in an insurance claim, you could increase your deductible and reduce your home insurance costs.
- Insure your home and your car with us. You could save on your home insurance with our Double Contract Savings and get our Worry-Free Option free of charge.
- Has someone in your home quit smoking? Let us know! A smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire, and it lowers your insurance premium.
- Get more discounts. Check out our other home insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Add security/prevention systems in your home
Ways to reduce your car and home insurance premiums
To avoid major financial hassles in the event of damage, it's always important to protect your vehicle, your home and your belongings. That’s why we’ve put together some ways you could reduce your insurance premiums. Why pay more when it’s so easy to save?
Worry-Free OptionTM is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
BONUSDOLLARS® is a registered trademark of Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec.
Offers and discounts may change without notice. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and The Personal cannot be held liable for them. We recommend using caution and consulting an expert for comprehensive, tailored advice.