Bundle your policies
If you haven’t already done it, it’s well worth insuring your cars and recreational vehicles (like motorcycles, snowmobiles and campers), as well as your home and cottage with the same insurance company. Bundling all your policies can help you save on your premiums.
Use your BONUSDOLLARS® to pay your car or home policy
If you have a Desjardins credit card, find out how you can use your BONUSDOLLARS towards your insurance premium. It’s a great way to cut your costs.
Update your car insurance
- Save on your car insurance during lockdown. If you’re using your car only for essential trips, you may be eligible for a relief measure. See how to apply if you’ve changed your driving habits because of
- Increase your deductibles. You can save on your premium by increasing your deductibles for Collision and upset and All perils other than collision or upset.
- Get a certified security system. If your car has a tracking system, you could save on your insurance, no matter how old your car is.
- Insure all your vehicles with us. You could save up to 15% on your car insurance premium with our Multi-Vehicle Savings. Plus, you’ll get a 50% discount on the Worry-Free Option® an insurance package of our most popular coverages.
- Get more discounts. Check out all our auto insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Shopping for a new car?
- Choose a model with a lower insurance rate. Compare rates for different models to choose one that has a lower insurance rate.
- Choose a car with more affordable repairs. It costs less to repair an economy car than a luxury model. And repair costs could impact your insurance rate.
- Consider a hybrid or electric vehicle. On top of government incentives and gas savings, you could take advantage of our EcoSavings.
Update your home insurance
- Review your coverage. It’s worth letting your insurance company know if you’ve made changes like re-roofing your home. It could save you money on your premium.
- Increase your deductible. A typical home insurance deductible is $500. If you’re comfortable paying more out of pocket in an insurance claim, you could increase it to say $1,000 and reduce your home insurance costs.
- Insure your home and your car with us. You could save on your home insurance with our Double Contract Savings and get our Worry-Free Option free of charge.
- Has someone in your home quit smoking? Let us know! A smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire, and it lowers your insurance premium.
- Get more discounts. Check out our other home insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Get a security system in your home
Ways to reduce your car and home insurance premiums
® Worry-Free Option is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
® BONUSDOLLARS is a registered trademark of Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec.
Offers and discounts may change without notice. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and The Personal cannot be held liable for them. We recommend using caution and consulting an expert for comprehensive, tailored advice.