Bundle your policies
If you haven’t already done it, it’s well worth insuring all your property with the same insurance company. Bundling your home, cottage, trailer or boat insurance can help you save on your premiums. Plus, it’s a lot less hassle having only one company to contact in the event of a loss.
Update your home insurance
- Review your coverage. It’s worth letting your insurance company know if you’ve made changes like re-roofing your home. It could save you money on your premium.
- Increase your deductible. A typical home insurance deductible is $500. If you’re comfortable paying more out of pocket in an insurance claim, you could increase it to say $1,000 and reduce your home insurance costs.
- Has someone in your home quit smoking? Let us know! A smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire, and it lowers your insurance premium.
- Get more discounts. Check out our other home insurance savings and call us to see if you’re eligible.
Get a security system in your home
- Install a centrally-monitored fire and theft system. You could save on your home insurance with our Alarm System Discount.
- Protect your home from water damage. You’ll have peace of mind, and you could save on your home insurance with our Water Damage Prevention System Savings.
Discover our relief measures
The Personal has adopted a range of relief measures to help our customers during the pandemic. Find out more on our dedicated
Savings and discounts are subject to eligibility conditions and may vary by jurisdiction.
Offers and discounts may change without notice. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and The Personal cannot be held liable for them. We recommend using caution and consulting an expert for comprehensive, tailored advice.