10 questions to ask before you renew, so you get the right commercial vehicle insurance
Over the past year…
- Have you bought, sold or replaced a vehicle?
- Have you changed or installed equipment that might increase or decrease the value?
- Have your business activities changed, affecting the way you use your vehicle?
- Have you used your vehicle to transport valuable goods or hazardous or inflammable materials?
- Have you bought a trailer?
- Have you installed an anti-theft or tracking system?
- Have any of the drivers using the car insured had their driver’s licence suspended?
- Has the area you serve changed?
- Have you been using a vehicle for transportation outside Quebec?
- Have you changed the way you use a vehicle?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, get in touch with your insurer promptly.
Don’t wait for your renewal to report any changes! The sooner you call, the sooner you’ll be sure to get insurance coverage you need, so you’re well protected in the event of an accident.
The information in this article has been adapted from the following web sites.
Renewal of a business-lines insurance policy , Chambre de l'assurance de dommages.
For more on this topic, visit:
Commercial vehicle insurance, The Personal
Commercial vehicle insurance renewal: 10 things that could affect the premium
It’s important to notify your insurer about any changes affecting your commercial vehicles. It’s the best way to make sure that you get the right coverage and that you pay a premium that matches your actual needs.
The information and advice in this article are provided for information purposes only. The Personal shall not be liable for any damages arising from any reliance upon such information or advice. Desjardins Insurance assumes no liability with regards to how such information is used. The Personal recommends consulting an expert with respect to the proper use and installation of any products referred to herein. It is also recommended that you always consult the owner’s manual and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines with respect to the use and installation of such products.