Alert – Detector installation
Before you begin the installation:
- Make sure you have your Wi-Fi password.
- Remove your phone case.
- For best results, find a quiet place close to where you’re planning to use your detector.
- Keep in mind installation may take a few attempts.
How to synchronize your detector and your smartphone
- Go to AlertTM, under the Prevention section on your The Personal app.
- Under Detector Management, choose Installation.
- Follow the installation instructions to protect your home.
- For installation help, see the Set up Assistant for the Alert Program.
More tips for a successful installation
Check your Wi-Fi connection.
Your smartphone needs to be connected to your Wi-Fi network when setting up the detector.
Improve the connection between your detector and your Wi-Fi network.
Place your detector close enough to your router or install a Wi-Fi extender to amplify your signal so that it reaches your detector’s location.
Test your detector.
First, connect the detector to your
TM Alert is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.