Peace of mind at your fingertips with Alert
Try our simplified quote and start saving!
What is Alert?
It syncs a water and freeze detector to your smartphone and notifies you if there’s a problem at your home. If it detects a water leak or a risk of freezing, you’ll receive alerts on your smartphone, so you can react quickly and limit any water damage. This prevention program is innovative, simple, reassuring and designed for you.
Additional detectors are available for purchase through the mobile app, at a discounted price!
How does Alert work?
Download The Personal mobile app
The mobile app is free and works on iPhone and Android smartphones.
You don’t need a data plan to use the mobile app.
Order and install your free detector
Open the mobile app and follow the installation steps. It’s quick and easy!
You’ll need a Wi-Fi connection at home for the detector to work.
Get instant alerts
You’ll receive an alert on your smartphone as soon as water or a risk of freezing is detected.
What are the benefits of alert?
Signing up for Alert has many advantages... and it’s free!
- Get peace of mind knowing the detector is watching out for you.
- Limit water damage and other inconveniences by receiving notifications when leaks or risks of freezing are detected.
- No matter what alerts you receive, you’ll still remain eligible for home insurance, with no effect on your premium.
- Enjoy yet another privilege of being insured by The Personal, the only* insurer in Canada to offer this type of home insurance prevention program.
* All property and casualty insurance subsidiaries of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. offer this type of program.
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.
® Ajusto is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc., used under licence.
TM Alert is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
TM Radar is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.